Monday, July 03, 2006

Grah

I am a fat person.

Ok. Not completely. But fat in all the places that matter.

Unfortunately.

Which is WHY I find it so effing difficult to buy a pair of jeans.

The first shop I go to has amazing fits, nice colours, great finishes. But they stop at the size which is two sizes smaller than my waist!

The second shop has exactly two pairs of jeans in my size. One falls like it is made to drape one of those poles used to prop up shamayanas, loose on top, tight at the bottom! Who even wears anything like that! The other makes my waist look like a balloon and my calves like two sticks!

The third shop I visited had jeans my size only they were so extremely low waist that ummm...things which should be uncovered were well, not!

The fourth shop I visit has only stretch jeans! With 'artful' rips and 'funky' designs in SEQUINS and other shiny things which pissed me off to no extent!

The fifth shop finally had something for me. Only, it was from the men's section!

Finally I found something good! By this time, I was exhausted, irritable, angry and ready to buy the next thing which actually buttoned around my waist!

Why the hell are jeans manufacturers so discriminatory towards fat people? Every shop you go to, you'll easily find something with waist 26 or waist 28 and 30 but above that, everything goes downhill. Fits are foregoed upon, quality detiorates and most of the time, there are no sizes higher than that! What are they trying to say? That plus-sized people shouldn't wear jeans? That they don't cater to plus sized people?

Gah. Are only thin people supposed to be trendy enough to wear jeans that look good and feel good?

Seriously, I have no problems in finding formal wear but when it comes to jeans...sometimes I really feel like throwing my hands up in despair and just wear salwar kameezes for the rest of my damned life.

Fuck. I hate being fat!

1 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger SEV said...

Incidentally I faced the same problem in the opposite sense: Mens clothes, not thin enough :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home